Nicolae Testemițanu State University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Romanian: Universitatea de Stat de Medicină și Farmacie “Nicolae Testemițanu”) is a university located in Chișinău, Moldova. The institution began its activity in 1945. It is named after Nicolae Testemițanu.
The Chişinău State University of Pharmacy and Medicine was established as part of the Medicine Institute nr. 2 from Leningrad(now Saint Petersburg), which was evacuated during the second World War in Kislovodsk, which was later transferred to Chişinău together with the students and the teaching staff under the name of the State Institute of Medicine.
The Institute began its activity on October 20 with only one active faculty, the one of General Medicine which had 13 professorships and 996 students. The didactic process was performed by 130 professors, including 15 habilitated doctors and 19 medical sciences doctors. Through time other faculties were established, such as: The Pediatric Faculty (1954), The Stomatology Faculty (1959), The Faculty of Preventive Medicine (1964) and The Pharmacy Faculty (1964).
Since 1990 the Institute has the name of Nicolae Testemiţanu. On July 25, 1991 the State Institute of Medicine “Nicolae Testemiţnu” was reorganised as a university. In 1995, it was named – The State University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Nicolae Testemiţanu” (Universitatea de Stat de Medicină şi Farmacie “Nicolae Testemiţanu”).